General Statement of Duties
Performs skilled work in the operation and maintenance of water reclamation systems, while taking great pride in plant cleanliness and appearance.
Works under the direction of the Operations Process Lead. This position requires a 40-hour work week and is an on-call position. Must live within 30 minutes of the plant and be able to arrive at the plant within 30 minutes of an alarm when scheduled as part of the on-call staff rotation. Maintaining an acceptable MVR is required as this position may use a company vehicle.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Controls and monitors, both manually and through the use of a process control computer, mechanical equipment and processes designed to operate water reclamation systems, to maintain NPDES effluent and EPA Biosolids permit compliance.
- Monitors unit process variables and initiates process control changes as determined through calculations and test procedures, under close supervision of the Operations Process Lead, in order to achieve effluent quality goals.
- Collects samples in compliance with NPDES and EPA permit sampling requirements; collects samples for process control analysis and reporting.
- May perform mechanical maintenance, adjustments and inspections on equipment as directed, and assist in providing a neat and orderly facility through grounds keeping and building maintenance. Communicates equipment problems to appropriate staff.
- Coordinates with staff and participates in major maintenance operations and projects.
- Performs process control and other laboratory testing as required.
- Performs data processing functions including, but not limited to, process control tracking, and the daily flows spreadsheet. May assist in data reporting.
- Assist with conducting tours of the plant for members of the public, other public agencies, and school groups.
- After securing a State of Colorado “D” certification, the operator may participate in the on-call rotation, which requires being within 30 minutes of the plant to respond to alarms. Responds to plant emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
- Must comply with standard operating procedures and safety standards.
- Offsite work including accessing streams and creeks for sampling and inspections associated with reuse water program.
- Performs other duties as required.
These duties are not all inclusive but represent items that are critical to successfully accomplishing this particular position.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough, detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to work independently and under limited supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interpret charts and flow diagrams.
- Ability to use algebra to determine flow rates, tank volumes, dosing calculations, or other related process control calculations.
- Ability to observe, monitor, and correct as needed, compliance with operating and/or safety standards.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material and laboratory data.
- State of Colorado Wastewater D certification must be obtained within one year after date of hire.
- Must be eligible for on-call duties within one year after date of hire.
- Obtain State of Colorado Wastewater C certification within three years after date of hire.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license with an acceptable MVR
- State of Colorado wastewater certification.
- Degree in Water Quality Management or related environmental field of study.
- Certification in basic first aid and CPR.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work is performed indoors, outdoors and in a shop environment.
- May be exposed to various weather conditions including wet, hot and cold.
- May be exposed to various environmental conditions such as excessive noise; solvents, grease and oils; and slippery or uneven walking surfaces.
- Must follow all safety programs including, but not limited to, confined space and respiratory requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate and occasional strenuous physical work
- Activities requiring full range of body movements including sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, squatting, crawling, twisting and climbing.
Annual:$47,276 - $63,822
Hourly: $22.73 - $30.68
REPORTS TO: Operations Process & Maintenance Leads
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
An equivalent combination of education, training and/or relevant job experience may be substituted.
• Indoor Office Setting
• Outdoor – All-season
• Pungent Emanation
• Potential Confined Space
• Must be in on-call rotation
• Possible work in WW influent
• Exposure to blood borne pathogens
• May require some physical work with lifting, kneeling, bending, sitting, etc.
• Lifting up to 50 lbs
• Potential Respirator Use
• Hearing & visual acuity to safely operate equipment & identify hazards/technical problems
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled