General Statement of Duties
Maintains treatment plant equipment, grounds, buildings, and vehicles through preventative, predictive, and emergency maintenance while taking great pride in plant cleanliness, organization, and appearance.
Works under the direction of the Maintenance Lead. This position requires a 40-hour work week. Maintaining an acceptable MVR is required as this position may be required to use a company vehicle.
- Grounds keeping
- Performs grounds keeping duties such as, but not limited to, mowing, weeding, sweeping/washing drives, snow removal, and landscape maintenance.
- Performs building maintenance duties such as, but not limited to, painting, sweep/clean floors, washing windows, wiping cabinets and handrails, pressure wash walls/floors, remove garbage, and organization of shop/maintenance areas.
- Performs inspections and cleans the storm water pond, collection areas, and discharge point.
- Plant Maintenance
- Informs appropriate staff of plant maintenance concerns.
- Assists in determining and specifying maintenance and repair requirements for plant equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Test equipment and floats for proper function.
- Performs maintenance on plant vehicles and heavy equipment such as fluid check, fluid change, tire pressure check, and tread depth check.
- Performs basic maintenance on HVAC units such as filter replacement, belt adjustment, belt replacement, and belt alignment.
- Performs maintenance on plant equipment such as fluid check, fluid change, filter check, filter change, belt inspection, replacement and adjustment, and equipment cleaning.
- Replacing light bulbs throughout all buildings.
- Assists with plumbing and pipe installation using PVC and iron pipe.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve and streamline the work processes.
- Participates in all major plant projects.
- Other Duties
- Must comply with standard operating procedures.
- Follows safety and health guidelines, orders, and directives.
- May operate heavy equipment such as skid steer, forklift, mower, and trailer jockey.
- Uses company vehicle to pick up parts as needed.
- Works cooperatively and jointly with PCWRA staff as needed.
- Performs cleaning of tanks on plant site as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These duties are not all inclusive but represent items that are critical to successfully accomplish this position.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Entry level position – some industrial maintenance experience a plus.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant job experience may be substituted.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Thorough, detail oriented, and well organized.
- Ability to work independently and under limited supervision.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment used in job duties.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license with an acceptable MVR.
- Previous industrial maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions pertaining to all phases of maintenance in a wastewater treatment plant utilizing mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of practices, methods, materials, and tools used in the repair and preventive maintenance of equipment used in job duties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Certification in first aid and CPR.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work is performed indoors, outdoors and in a shop environment.
- May be exposed to various weather conditions including wet, hot, and cold.
- May be exposed to various environmental conditions such as excessive noise; solvents, grease and oils; and slippery or uneven walking surfaces.
- Must follow all safety programs including, but not limited to, confined space and respiratory requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate to strenuous physical work.
- Activities requiring full range of body movements; sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, squatting, crawling, twisting, and climbing.
Annual Salary: $52,809 - 71,292
Hourly Rate: $25.39 - 34.28
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled