Maintenance Technician III
General Statement of Duties
Maintains treatment plant equipment, grounds, buildings, and vehicles through preventative, predictive, and emergency maintenance while taking great pride in plant cleanliness, organization, and appearance. Provides leadership and training to other maintenance technicians.
Works under the direction of the Maintenance Lead. This position requires a 40-hour work week. Maintaining an acceptable MVR is required as this position may use a company vehicle.
- Grounds keeping
- Performs grounds keeping duties such as, but not limited to, mowing, weeding, sweeping/washing drives, and landscape maintenance.
- Plans for, schedules, and performs snow removal.
- Performs building maintenance duties such as, but not limited to, painting, sweep/clean floors, washing windows, wiping cabinets and handrails, pressure washing walls/floors, remove garbage, and organization of shop/maintenance areas.
- Performs inspections and ensures the stormwater infrastructure is operating properly.
- Identifies plant grounds and structural areas of concern, communicates issues with Maintenance Lead, and collaborates on potential solutions to issue.
2. Plant Maintenance
- Performs maintenance on all plant equipment, vehicles, and heavy equipment, including but not limited to, oil changes, belt inspection and replacement, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Performs maintenance on all plant buildings including, but not limited to, setting anchors, minor grout repair, fluorescent light and fluorescent light ballast replacement, photocell replacement, door hardware inspections and repair, and automatic door closer adjustments.
- Performs maintenance on all HVAC units including, but not limited to, filter change, bearing and motor greasing, pillow block replacement, motor replacement, and ignitor and sensor cleaning and/or replacement.
- Performs minor electrical troubleshooting using electrical drawings and multimeter on floats, fuses, circuits, and HVAC controls.
- Works with all plant staff to help troubleshoot and remedy mechanical and structural issues within their department.
- Performs removal, bearing replacement, cleaning, and installation of electric motors.
- Performs removal, cleaning of bearings, mechanical seal and oil seal replacement, and installation of small gear boxes and pump rotating assemblies.
- Performs copper pipe repair and installation using soldering, and shark bite connections.
- Performs PVC pipe repair and installation using PVC primer and PVC glue.
- Installs supports for copper, PVC, and ductal piping using masonry anchors, Unistrut supports, or clevis hangers.
- Schedule and perform load tests on plant generators.
- Plans and schedules 3rd party maintenance service for emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Assist in planning and participates in all major plant projects.
- Other Duties
- Must comply with standard operating procedures.
- Creation and revision of standard operating procedures.
- Inputs vehicles and employees into the Fuelserve system.
- Budgets and schedules with vendors and PCWRA staff for annual inspections on safety and maintenance items.
- Works with the Accounting department to set up new accounts with vendors.
- Assist in planning and gathering budgetary numbers for future projects and annual services.
- Reviews and inputs comments into terms and conditions forms and shop drawings.
- Delegates work during Operations Maintenance Leads absence.
- Promotes and follows safety and health guidelines, orders, and directives.
- Operates heavy equipment such as skid steer, forklift, mower, front loader, and trailer jockey.
- Uses company vehicle to pick up parts as needed.
- Works cooperatively and jointly with PCWRA staff as needed.
- Data entry into Antero CMMS including, but not limited to, supply inventory and cost, task creation and updates to existing task steps, tools, or supplies needed, completed work order entry, report creation, equipment removal and entry, work order creation and priority status, assigning work orders, and new personnel entry.
- Performs cleaning of tanks on plant site as needed.
- Leads training of new employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These duties are not all inclusive but represent items that are critical to successfully accomplish this particular position.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-year minimum experience in industrial maintenance.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and relevant job experience may be substituted.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Thorough, detail oriented, and well organized.
- Experience using and maintaining a CMMS database.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and the ability to motivate others in pursuit of PCWRA goals.
- Demonstrates initiative to take on new tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, construction, equipment, and architectural diagrams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of materials, construction, and operation of equipment used in modern wastewater treatment plants.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment used in job duties.
- Knowledge of practices, methods, materials, and tools used in the repair and preventive maintenance of equipment used in job duties.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license with an acceptable MVR.
- Electrical training.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions pertaining to all phases of maintenance in a wastewater treatment plant utilizing mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Leadership training.
- Associate degree in wastewater technology or maintenance field – preferred.
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work is performed indoors, outdoors and in a shop environment.
- May be exposed to various weather conditions including wet, hot, and cold.
- May be exposed to various environmental conditions such as excessive noise; solvents, grease and oils; and slippery or uneven walking surfaces.
- Must follow all safety programs including, but not limited to, confined space and respiratory requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate to strenuous physical work
- Activities requiring full range of body movements; sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, squatting, crawling, twisting and climbing.
Annual Salary: $64,792 - 93,949
Hourly Rate: $31.15 - 45.17
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled